Project Accountant, Management Companies
Deadline for Resume
Title: Project Accountant, Management Companies
Job Type: Full Time
City: Calgary, AB
Hopewell Residential is a fully integrated company engaging in the pursuit of residential market leadership. Hopewell Residential consists of Hopewell Residential Communities and Sabal Homes, two strong organizations recognized as leaders in land development, residential and multi-family construction.
Hopewell stands for excellence, motivation, and collaboration. We have a passion to lead and a culture that rewards those who give their best. We understand that our employees are the backbone of our business. Hopewell Residential prides itself on being a leader in the community development, housing development, and real estate industry through the passionate pursuit of excellence, with the goal of creating the world’s most sought after communities and homes.
Hopewell Residential currently has an opening for a Management Accountant to join the team within the residential housing division. This position will report directly to the Senior Accountant.
• Accountable for the accounting and reporting for up to seven entities;
• Prepare monthly and annual financial statements;
• Prepare monthly budgets and cash forecasts;
• Monitor and manage cash on a daily basis;
• Update department policies and procedures;
• Liaise with auditors;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned;
• Train and coach accounts payable coordinator as necessary;
• Preparing monthly GST returns
• Intercompany invoicing of chargebacks and management fees;
• 3+ years of full-cycle accounting experience;
• Strong working knowledge of accounting systems, and Microsoft Office applications;
• Accountable for the accounting of up to seven entities including a Homeowner’s Association;
• Self-directed, detail-oriented, optimistic, professional;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• CGA or CMA designation in progress/near completion;
• Advanced use of excel would be an asset;
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evenings.
Notes or Special instructions
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Project Accountant’ in the subject line.